The Harvest Place Christian Church exists to be a spirit-led, worshipping community of believers dedicated to seeking the lost, liberating and empowering the people of God through the gospel, and spreading the love of Jesus Christ.
At THP, our vision is to create a spirit-filled and spirit-led environment where believers and the lost can encounter God and be transformed by His word, presence, and power. We believe God will empower this church to help people apply God’s principles into their daily lives to live a life of victory.
What We Believe
- The Bible: We believe in the verbal inspiration and inerrancy of the Scriptures and the authority of both the Old and New Testaments.
- God: We believe that God eternally exists in three Persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit—and that these three are one God, having the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and worthy of the same worship, reverence and obedience.
- Jesus Christ: We believe Jesus, the eternal Son of God, took upon Himself the form of a man by means of the virgin birth, lived a sinless life, yet retained His absolute deity, being at the same time God and man.
- Evangelism: The Bible declares that he who wins soul is wise and thus, our number one goal is, and will always be, the salvation of the lost.
- Man: We believe man was created in the image of God, but sinned and fell through disobedience, and that the entire human race shares in man’s lost and depraved nature.
- Atonement for Sin: We believe that atonement for sin was made by the sacrificial and substitutionary death of Jesus Christ.
- The Resurrection: We believe in the literal resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and His priestly intercession.
- Salvation: We believe salvation is the gift of God by grace alone and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this faith is manifested in works pleasing to God.
- The Holy Spirit: We believe the Holy Spirit is the promise of the Father, the Comforter who indwells and bestows spiritual gifts upon the Church and convicts the world of sin and the judgment to come.
- Indwelling of the Spirit: While all believers are in-dwelt by the Spirit of God (Romans 8), we believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a definite endowment of power for service.
- Ordinances of the Church: We believe that the ordinances of the church, by the command of Christ, are Water Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper, both of which are administered to those who are born again.
- Eternity: We believe in the eternal salvation of the believers and in the eternal damnation and punishment of the nonbelievers. We believe that the consummation of all things includes the visible, personal and glorious return of Jesus Christ the “Blessed Hope” of the Church.